January 26, 2010

logan.

This is a unit that I can envision residing in a future home of mine some day.

From Pottery Barn, the Logan collection is a series of drawers, shelves, cupboards, and other stackable items that can be used in virtually any room of the house.
Do you think you could make this?
I hope that me, and a probably-handy-with-power-tools Caleb (we haven't had a chance to try out his skills yet), will be able to make this (or something like this) when we find ourselves blessed with a more permanent housing situation. I think that we can make this because I stumbled upon this amazing website called Knock Off Wood (I also love the pun in the name). Anna, the creator of Knock Off Wood loves furniture, and loves sharing how to make furniture for a lot cheaper than buying it from the original store. Friends, I wanted to share this because I feel like good quality furniture is important in a house, lasts longer, and overall is a better investment than something that is flimsy. Also, making the things that reside in your house, I imagine anyway, make it feel even more like a home.
Even though we only live in an apartment right now, I can feel the creative juices running and can't wait for that first opportunity to put what I learned in grade eight shop class to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails