March 8, 2010

love light.


I've been meaning to share with you for a while now a craft I made for Caleb for Valentine's Day. I saw this DIY project on Design*Sponge, followed the directions but modified it a bit. Instead of putting it in a block of wood, I decided to wrap some of the red-paper-covered-wire around the outside of the bulb and hang it from our ceiling in our bedroom. I also attached a little note on it. Inside the bulb I've twisted the wire in the shape of a heart.
I found that hollowing out a lightbulb was a little harder than the pictures made it seem, but really rewarding afterwards because it just looks so, I don't know, cool. And then you can fill it with whatever you want. Wouldn't it be neat to make little terrariums and hang them in front of a window, three in a row? You would have to use very small plants though that could easily fit through the tiny hole at the top. Oh well, maybe a project for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails