June 15, 2010

a few dress sizes.

I am slowly becoming a photography enthusiast. You already know of my love for the Diana camera, but what you might not know is that I love using my DSLR to snap shots too. I'm trying to bring it as many places with me as I can - and in that strain I'm also trying to use it. Caleb tells me, and I admit, that I'm notorious for bringing it places and then never using it. (Mostly because I don't want to be that girl with a camera, you know? The one that makes everyone else feel awkward if the lens is pointed in their direction? Maybe that's just me.)
Anyway, I love using my camera, and then playing with my photos to make them even better using Photoshop. Thanks mostly to the Pioneer Woman and her wonderfully simple tutorials, I've learned a lot about how to use Photoshop better. The other day, I also found this little tutorial by Jen Kiaba via Paper n Stitch for cinching in things in a photo, distorting them to look different.
This is definitely a sort of airbrushing that I don't think you should get too carried away with (is there any sort of airbrushing you should get carried away with? Probably not). But, for something artistic like the dress image above, I think it could be a fun tool to play with. Click here for the full tutorial instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails