June 25, 2010

shoo fly, don't bother me.

It's Friday, and that means another summer weekend. As summer has officially started more and more time is being spent outdoors. I don't know about you, but it seems like mosquitoes and any sort of biting-insect love me. That's why I was so pleased to read Ashley English's Small Measures on Design*Sponge for natural insect repellant. By mixing up your own repellant or just using a few drops of certain essential oils you can keep the bugs at bay without worrying about what sort of manufactured chemicals you're spraying onto your skin.
As someone who is trying to eliminate the number of chemicals and toxins in our household, these ideas for natural insect repellant are a welcome alternative to store bought solutions.
Happy camping (or cottaging, or being outdoorsy) this weekend. Next week I have a special surprise theme for the week that I'm sure you'll love.

In the meantime, here are some links to check out over the weekend:

A beautiful girl's nursery via city love.


Painting with markers.


Addressing pretty mail.

A wonderful (and gluten free!) Saturday lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails